Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Eric's PAW
From: Alastair Firkin <firkin@ncable.net.au>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 07:56:32 +1100

>I find it very interesting that my to me that my seemingly obvious idea
>that maybe we should occasionally try to go beyond our family
>photography is shot down by everyone including Henning and Ted and other
>pros and serious photographers.
>And one single person comes to the support of the idea! Not one!
>I thought i had some clue as to what the hell is going on but maybe i don't!
>I somehow got the illusion that most of us here on the LUG strive for
>something that somehow headed in the direction of something resembling
>occasional serious photography. And that such an endeavor was to be
>encouraged!
>

>Mark Rabiner
>Portland, Oregon USA

Mark,

I think you may be overreading your e_mails. I suspect this is a
typical case of e-mail mania, where simple comments are taken beyond
their meaning or intent. I would encourage anyone and everyone
interested in Photography to experiment and experience any and every
aspect, as a way of becoming a better photographer, but if someone
wants to "limit" himself to one topic, so be it. The outpouring of
support, is based on the assumption that he was indeed told that it
was inappropriate for the LUG, which, as a ruleless internet
community is simply not true, but I support you fully in encouraging
everyone on the list to go beyond the work they currently do and seek
to extend their work. Please keep nagging me for example -- I'm keen
;-)

Cheers
- --
Alastair Firkin

http://www.afirkin.com

The Family of Man 2 Exhibit for Year one is now showing:

http://users.netconnect.com.au/~firkin/FOM2%20Folder/YearOneExhibit/YearOne.html

Message from Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch> (Re: [Leica] Eric's PAW)
Message from "lea" <lea@whinydogpress.com> (Re: [Leica] Eric's PAW)
Message from Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net> (Re: [Leica] Eric's PAW)