Subject: Re: [Leica] Photographer's block
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 12:26:23 -0800

Jeffery Smith wrote:
>>> I just spent the past 4 hours roaming around the area looking for
something spongeworthy to shoot (for those of you in the UK, that just means
> "worthy"), but am coming up blank.  What do y'all do when that happens? In
> the past, I could just set out with nowhere as a destination. Didn't work
today.<<<<<<

Hi Jeff,
Don't feel bad, as some days it happens for any number of reasons, so it's
best to let it go and look later, or tomorrow will be a better day. If you
get all in a fuss over it, then you royally screw yourself mentally and
visually.  Go read a book.

Better still if you have a copy of "75 Years of Leica Photography" pull that
out and quietly look through it, the next thing you'll find is your visual
and imagination is pounding and you're out the door shooting great things.
:-)

It's an incredible motivational book of Leica photography with each
photographer only allowed one photograph, so what you see is this incredible
collection of various subjects by known and not so known photogs.

Oh yeah ... look on page 280 for you know who. ;-)

Just relax and the mood will come back. Or give yourself a self assignment
for a subject to shoot.
ted

Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant