Subject: Re: [Leica] Photography Web Site Problems
From: Brian Reid <reid@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 06:21:16 -0800

>  If
> there is anyone out there with good FrontPage or HTML skills that could
> look at the code and tell me what is wrong, I would appreciate it.

What is wrong is that you are using FrontPage.

If you use FrontPage, this is going to happen to you. Microsoft has a
stratgic goal of making sure that everyone feels obligated to use Microsoft
products for everything, and the more people who create web sites that can
be viewed only on Windows systems with Microsoft browsers, the happier they
are. It is possible to manipulate FrontPage so that it produces web sites
that can be seen on non-Microsoft systems, but it's more trouble than it's
worth. If you want your web site to be universal, viewable by anybody, you
must let go of this notion of using FrontPage to do it.

Netscape composer is free and adequate. Most alternatives to FrontPage cost
money. I use Dreamweaver and GoLive. YMMV.

Replies: Reply from Craig Zeni <clzeni@mindspring.com> (Re: [Leica] Photography Web Site Problems)
Reply from "Kevin M. Bell" <newsgroups@cameracollectors.com> (Re: [Leica] Photography Web Site Problems)
Reply from "Kevin M. Bell" <newsgroups@cameracollectors.com> (Re: [Leica] Photography Web Site Problems)