Subject: Re: [Leica] a street ready M3?
From: "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2002 12:00:15 -0500

Tim-
I have had several M3s over the last few years. I have sold them when the
market was good, but even today, I have one close at hand (trading the
second one and some other stuff for a 21mm Elmarit/!)
There is something quite comforting, and nice about the way they feel, and
the build quiality is such that if you get a good one, and have Sherry do
her magic thing you should be good to go for years to come. I can really see
no reason it would be anymore reliable or unreliable as another Leica. Sure,
the VF/RF might suffer from some degree of seperation, but that is endemic
of most older Leicas, and if push comes to shove- you can get an M4 flash
block installed, and or a new M6 VF installed and the total cost might be
less than buying a new camera, but the results would be just as reliable.
IF an M3 tickles your fancy, get one- try it, and if it doesn't please you,
then you can usually sell it for more than you paid for it!
Good hunting
Dan