Subject: Re: [Leica] Posting First Pictures...sharpen/
From: "Sonny Carter" <sonc@sonc.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2002 18:45:02 -0600

Ted, the good news, is that when you install the editing software, (like
Photoshop Elements) it will be able to use the scanner right away.

Elements is a wonderful, powerful program, and it only costs about $100.  I
know that may be daunting, but it is a truly worthwhile investment for the
pleasure it will bring you.

I was a guy who thought this digital stuff would never catch on.  When I was
in television, I laughed when they came out with the minicam.  Passing
fancy, I thought.  Now I am a convert.

I am younger than you, but we come from the same photographic generation.
This digi stuff will change the way you think. Imagine, no messy stinking
chemicals!

Oh, One thing I do miss, and that is the magic of seeing the print come up
in the tray.

But the trade-off!  you can show your pictures to anyone of a mind to walk
near a computer.  You will make friends, like I have, with people in
England, Germany, Australia, Hong Kong, (whew, I hate to list, because I
will surely miss some of my friends) OH YES, there is CANADA! and is New
Jersey a Country?

Whew, I am getting over-wrought.  I better close.

Just (as my pal Kyle says) keep pressing that shutter, it'll come unstuck!

Regards,

Sonny
http://www.sonc.com