Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Week 4 PAW - Jeffery -and Mardi Gras!!!!!!
From: "Sonny Carter" <sonc@sonc.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2002 19:47:58 -0600

Well, Jeffery, you've discovered one of those treasure troves right in your
own back yard.  (I'm gonna let the cat out of the bag, and disclose that
this cemetery is just a short stroll from Jeffery's office)

These Cemeteries (about six of them) are all in the same part of the City,
at the place where Canal Street hits City Park Avenue and turns into Canal
Blvd.

Whew!  Target rich environment!  I think we'll see lots of good stuff from
you if you choose to stalk the great shots available here.

It is a hard place to shoot, because at every turn there is something else.
I have several sleeves from the same cemetery, and not one standout.  There
is just too much to take in.   I'd suggest going over to the road in the
center, where there are still some trees, and trying  to do some DOF stuff
early in the morning.

Dang, you can see that I am gearing up for New Orleans again!  I'll be there
for the long Mardi Gras weekend.  I plan to shoot Bacchus from the corner of
Constantinople and St. Charles.

http://www.sonc.com/mg2001/index.htm

Endymion, I'll be next to Mandina's on Canal Street.  I'll be back at St.
Charles location Mardi Gras, and if my bum leg holds out, I'll march and
shoot the parade of Cosmic Debris again in the quarter.

http://www.sonc.com/Mardigras00.jpg

Oh boy!  Join us if you can, Jeff and Chris and I have invited 1.2 million
of our closest friends!

Sonny