Subject: Re: [Leica] Week 4 PAW - Adam Bridge
From: John Straus <Mail@SlideOne.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2002 10:08:50 -0600

on 1/26/02 10:39 PM, Adam Bridge at abridge@mac.com wrote:

<http://www.splitsecondfilms.com/2002PAW/large-images/PAW-4-JanDiner-large.j
pg>

I think this is a good & well lit shot but for some reason I want to see
something different. I don't know why but the 50/50 lighting bothers me.
Maybe it just that the BG lighting matches the person lighting, as in the
gradation from light to dark is the same. The person doesn't have separation
from the BG...yes, no ???

<http://www.splitsecondfilms.com/2002PAW/large-images/NannyWalk.jpg>
I can't say I agree with no shots from the back especially when you have one
subject breaking that up. The girl with her head turned profile gives you
some of what you need to make a shot like this work. I'd just try to walk
like a duck so your a little lower shooting almost straight across instead
of looking so down...

- --
John
Chicago, IL