Subject: [Leica] Schneider 40mm f2.8 APO-Componon Lens Enlarger Lens
From: "Greg J. Lorenzo" <gregj.lorenzo@shaw.ca>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 15:44:01 -0700

A blue box arrived at the house today for my V35 enlarger with
Schneider's 40mm f2.8 APO lens inside.

I believe Erwin in a LUG posting some time back called this lens
superior to Leica's 40mm F2.8 Focotar lens. No mean feat.

Now I'm planing to find out for myself and post the results. I plan to
do a series of side by side tests using the same negatives, paper and
chemistry. The enlarger and selected lens apertures will also be the
same for both lenses and each test series will be fully completed before
I turn the enlarger off for the night.

Suggestions on testing processes from Luggers who have done this type of
testing before would be appreciated.

Regards,

Greg J. Lorenzo
Calgary, Alberta