Subject: Re: [Leica] Is it now a ? for Ted
From: "J. Gilbert Plantinga" <gilplant@hvc.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 18:58:33 -0500

on 1/30/02 5:01 PM, Ted Grant at tedgrant@shaw.ca wrote:

> I see the PAW topic as a great learning opportunity for all, but somehow,
> and I know Brian will have a solution for the traffic shortly. Until that
> happens, unless one has without question absolutely "how to information"
> good, bad or ugly. It should be given with a reason beyond... "gee I like
> this!"  Please!
>
> Look nothing wrong with that, but if that's your comment then post it
> private, isn't that a reasonable thing to do?  However, if you have some
> absolutely essential information then please try and keep it short and if
> someone ahead of you has already said exactly what you're about to
> post............ don't post the same thing. Isn't that a reasonable request?

I agree with much of what Ted says here. Regarding the "PAW topic as a great
learning opportunity" as Ted calls it, I'll repost this link to my "What I
Learned" page:

http://homepage.mac.com/~gilplant/picaweek/pspages/post_script.html

As one who has done the PAW for a complete year, I strongly support those
who are making the effort. However I see that some people systematically
reply to each and every photo posted, as if it were a requirement for
participation. When I think back about my own project and recall the weeks
that drew no response whatsoever, I remember thinking "Well, that shot must
not have been all that bad, nobody hammered me!" But that more than anything
else got me to go back out again and try to get the shot that would really
"Wow" them! There was one person who began to comment on each and every
picture. I grew to totally ignore his posts. And that's what I'm doing with
most of the critique being posted lately.

Gilbert

Replies: Reply from "Sonny Carter" <sonc@sonc.com> (Re: [Leica] Is it now a ? for Ted)
Reply from Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca> (Re: [Leica] Is it now a ? for Ted)