Subject: Re: [Leica] Is it now a ? for Ted
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 19:54:02 -0800

Gilbert wrote:
>>However I see that some people systematically reply to each and every
photo posted, as if it were a requirement for participation. When I think
back about my own project and recall the weeks that drew no response
whatsoever, I remember thinking "Well, that shot must not have been all that
bad, nobody hammered me!"
But that more than anything else got me to go back out again and try to get
the shot that would really "Wow" them! There was one person who began to
comment on each and every picture. I grew to totally ignore his posts.<<<

Hi Gilbert mon ami!!!
Right on the mark of critiquing comments for every one of them.

What happens is....... It becomes "critique by rote!" Like after a few days
of reading them they become absolutely meaningless for the picture poster
because it's almost the same damn comment!

And like you: >>>There was one person who began to comment on each and every
picture. I grew to totally ignore his posts<<<<<<

And I have no doubt whatsoever that some of our regular PAW posters are
going through the same thing as yourself.  I see no reason to make a re-mark
about every picture that comes on the screen. It's far more important to
save your remarks so that when you do post, your comment will be taken as a
meaningful comment and not "Oh well here he goes again."

Many of the critics should keep in mind......... "less is more!" rather than
for every posted PAW there are 6 or 7 critics commenting, which sometimes I
swear they are trying to out do each other.

So here we have a self confessed PAW poster, Gilbert Plantinga, admitting
that a critic just became nothing worth reading. That my friends is not what
we want!

So folks do we have a message here all can understand?  Please just back off
some and all the PAW/critiquing anxieties over posting might just ease off a
little.

Thank you.
ted
PS: For heaven sake don't take this a "stop commenting" it's still
necessary. But surely pace yourselves folks.

Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant