Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Pictures from Namibia
From: Adam Stepien <adam_stepien@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 11:40:24 +0000 (GMT)

Hi Nathan,

Different opinions - that's what I was expecting after
posting my web site's address on the LUG. And thanks
to you and other LUGgers I know
what you think. To be honest, I didn't expect so many
positive reactions. It's great that so many LUGgers
share or understand my way of seeing. But I'm pretty
far from complacency. Now, after proposing you some
specific way of describing reality, I can hardly post
snapshots not coherent with this line - unless I place
them in a separate folder ;)
I do respect your point of view and I'm glad you
decided to let me know about it. Different opinion
makes me think, makes me go again through some sort of
"eidetic reduction" to answer the question: "Does the
picture tell a story in a universal way (or: is the
beauty I can see "a priori"
beauty) or is it just a snapshot with some personal
significance?". I try to find balance between the
obvious and over interpretation.
So this time "Victoria Lazarus..." story remains
unchanged. But next time when in doubt about one [or
more :/] of my pictures, please let me know.
I hope you will :)

Adam
www.humanXL.com

>At 06:21 30.01.02, you wrote:
>>Hi Adam,
>>
>>Indeed I had not seen your message below. I
understand the artistic
vision
>>you are conveying in your pictures. While I find
your pictures
technically
>>excellent, I just do not respond to your vision in
the same way as
B.D. and
>>many others who have posted comments here. That's
OK. Differences of
>>opinion are an inherent part of a collective "show
and tell" exercise like