Subject: Re: [Leica] Schneider 40mm f2.8 APO-Componon Lens Enlarger Lens
From: Christer Almqvist <chris@almqvist.net>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 11:26:35 +0100

>One more note Greg:

make sure your Focotar is clean, not only the outer surfaces (it is
amazing how much dirt accumulates on the glass surface facing the
negative), but also the inside lens surfaces next to the aperture
blades. Best checked with the lens on a light box and using a loupe
as you will otherwise have difficulties focusing your eye on an
inside lens surface. The inside lens surfaces of my Focotar were
quite dirty from rub-off from the aperture blades and having them
cleaned made a big difference in print quality. I had about two dozen
specks on the inside surfaces.

>One real apparent difference last night is the Schneider lens is
>noticeably faster than my 5 year old Focotar.
>
>Regards,
>
>Greg

- --
Christer Almqvist