Subject: Re: [Leica] Stared down by subject of street photo
From: "Robert G. Stevens" <robsteve@hfx.andara.com>
Date: Sat, 02 Feb 2002 14:55:00 -0400

At 10:05 AM 2/2/2002 -0800, Ted Grant wrote:

> >http://home.istar.ca/~robsteve/photography/images/Misc/AreYouLookingAtMe.jp
> > More pictures of the same subject at the link below.
> >http://home.istar.ca/~robsteve/photography/LookingAtMe.htm<<<
>
>Hi Robert,
>
>Mean looking son of a gun! ;-) I think his cousin lives here in Victoria,
>actually he has a lot of cousins living out here. ;-) And if this guy looks
>like a mean moma, on the west coast we grow them bigger, meaner and a "don't
>mess with me" look. :-)
>
>You need an 800 with a 2X extender to save being attacked for just looking
>in their direction. But, you've done a great job of staring him down and
>captured rewarding photographs.
>good one!
>ted
>
>Ted Grant Photography Limited
>www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant

Ted:

I think I need to try a little fill flash to fill in the shadows.  I wonder
if this would attract any more attention?  The fill flash might just make
the combo too heavy for me.  I put the camera, lens, and 2x extender on the
scale last night and it weighed exactly 16 pounds (7.27kg).  No wonder my
back is sore!

I might take a drive to this town again next week. There are about four
hundred more residents of this town that don't look much different than
this guy.  After the winter some of the residents, that just spend the
winter there, go home.

Regards,

Robert

Replies: Reply from "Robert G. Stevens" <robsteve@hfx.andara.com> (Re: [Leica] Stared down by subject of street photo)