Subject: Re: [Leica] Stared down by subject of street photo
From: "Robert G. Stevens" <robsteve@hfx.andara.com>
Date: Sat, 02 Feb 2002 16:33:00 -0400

Michael:

As I usually do, I used an incident meter.  I normally use an incident
reading and then compare it to the camera meter.  If this differential
changes, I will re-meter with an incident if possible, otherwise I will
just correct the exposure accordingly.  In other words if the incident
reads f8 and the camera says f8 minus 1/2 stop on manual, I will try to
keep the camera reading 1/2 stop under as lighting changes.  As long as you
can put the incident meter into the same light falling on your subject, it
will be the most accurate way to shoot slide film.

It probably could have used some fill flash, as it was side lighting.  If
using fill flash, I set the Metz to - 1 2/3 stops and the camera to the
reading the incident meter gave.  I used this method on the shot below.

http://home.istar.ca/~robsteve/photography/images/Misc/fox.jpg

Regards,

Robert

Regards,