Subject: Re: [Leica] Enlarging lenses (slightly OT)
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2002 19:32:27 -0500

At 04:00 PM 2/10/02 EST, Teresa299@aol.com wrote:
>Which enlarging lenses (brands/models) do you guys and gals suggest for both
>35mm negative to (8x10 to 11x14) and 6x7 negatives (same)?  Whichever brand,
>is this something to risk getting used?

Erwin is solidly committed to the Schneider 40mm f/2.8 APO-Componon.  In
private e-mail, he advised that the had not tested the 50mm or 4/40 models,
but suspected that the 4/40 APO-Componon might be the best of the three.

Erwin further told me that he had not tested any of the Rodenstock
APO-Rodagons but he felt they should be the equivalent of the APO-Componons.

I have replaced the long-service 2.8/50 Rodagon on my Beseler 23C with a
2.8/50 APO-Rodagon and the difference is quite noticeable.  I am looking
for a 2.8/40 or 4/40 APO-Componon for my Leitz V-35.  And, for
Medium-Format work I am currently using a 4/80 Rodagon but this will soon
be upgraded to an APO-Rodagon or APO-Componon, whenever the killing frenzy
on e-Bay lets me score one at less than Leica-like prices.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +276/343-7315
Cha robh bąs fir gun ghrąs fir!

Replies: Reply from Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net> (Re: [Leica] Enlarging lenses (slightly OT))