Subject: Re: [Leica] Enlarging lenses (slightly OT)
From: Sam Carleton <scarleton@miltonstreet.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2002 20:23:22 -0500

Marc James Small wrote:

> At 04:00 PM 2/10/02 EST, Teresa299@aol.com wrote:
> >Which enlarging lenses (brands/models) do you guys and gals suggest for both
> >35mm negative to (8x10 to 11x14) and 6x7 negatives (same)?  Whichever brand,
> >is this something to risk getting used?
>
> Erwin is solidly committed to the Schneider 40mm f/2.8 APO-Componon.  In
> private e-mail, he advised that the had not tested the 50mm or 4/40 models,
> but suspected that the 4/40 APO-Componon might be the best of the three.
>
> Erwin further told me that he had not tested any of the Rodenstock
> APO-Rodagons but he felt they should be the equivalent of the APO-Componons.
>
> I have replaced the long-service 2.8/50 Rodagon on my Beseler 23C with a
> 2.8/50 APO-Rodagon and the difference is quite noticeable.  I am looking
> for a 2.8/40 or 4/40 APO-Componon for my Leitz V-35.  And, for
> Medium-Format work I am currently using a 4/80 Rodagon but this will soon
> be upgraded to an APO-Rodagon or APO-Componon, whenever the killing frenzy
> on e-Bay lets me score one at less than Leica-like prices.

Marc,

What lens are you currently using on your Leitz V-35?  I have one with
the Leitz 40/2.8 on it.  Is there a better peice of glass I can put on
the puppy?  What about the autofocus, would that work with someone elses
40mm?

Sam

Replies: Reply from "Greg J. Lorenzo" <gregj.lorenzo@shaw.ca> (Re: [Leica] Enlarging lenses (slightly OT))