Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: FILM SURVEY
From: Teresa299@aol.com
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2002 14:45:24 EST

In a message dated 2/15/02 4:32:16 AM, ericm@pobox.com writes:

<< >This groups is more dependent on chemical preference
>in pushing the film media during development in
>gaining contrast and speed. Again, it is outside of
>the scope of this survey to include chemicals.

I don't understand the value in separating film from chemicals and reporting
solely on film choice for B&W.  The film/developer combo is an important
choice that shouldn't be ignored.

Eric >>

Actually, I would LOVE to have a compilation of film/developer combo results
from the LUG (as well as other places too).  Testings one's specific
film/meter/development procedure is an important task, but having guidelines
that wiser and more wizened members of the list have sweat XTOL and  d-76
over can give a novice a generalized testing roadmap.  (Not to mention
suggest film/developer combos one had never even contemplated.)

- -kim

Replies: Reply from Christer Almqvist <chris@almqvist.net> (Re: [Leica] Re: FILM SURVEY)