Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica 21mm f3.4 Super Angulon Question
From: John Collier <jbcollier@powersurfr.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 17:42:16 -0700

Why do you not talk to someone with a great deal of experience:

http://www.focalpointlens.com/fp_intro.html

Also new front elements may still be available check with Leica NJ and
Sherry K.

And these chaps are a bit closer to (your) home and are also highly
recommended:

http://www.angelfire.com/biz/Leica/page8.html

Usually the glass itself is not scratched if it is just normal cleaning
marks. One final thing to try first is to clean the lens with a vinegar and
water solution. Vinegar is an acid so ONLY USE IT IN SPECIAL CASES. I have
had several lenses with minor coating marks that have cleaned up perfectly
with vinegar and water.

John Collier