Subject: Re: [Leica] Minilux Optics (was P&S cameras and Canon L glass compared to Leica)
From: Marc Attinasi <marc@attinasi.org>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 20:15:37 -0800

Sam Carleton wrote:

>[snip]
>
>Just wondering, have you ever used the Minilux?  Others on the LUG, how
>does the Minilux optics compare to say, the 35 summicron ASPH?

I do not have the 35 'cron ASPH to compare, but I find the Minilux
optics are first-rate.  I would say that it is capable of creating
slides that are so close to the quality you would get from a Summicron
that you would be hard-pressed to tell which lens produced the image.
That said, the Minilux is not an M - it is a smallish, AF, AE, motorized
point and shoot.  I love mine and use it a lot, but it is just a posh
P&S - a good companion to, but not a replacement for, an M camera.

- - marc

- --
***     Marc Attinasi     ***
* mailto: marc@attinasi.org *