Subject: RE: [Leica] P&S cameras and Canon L glass compared to Leica
From: "Mehrdad Sadat" <m.sadat@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 17:42:46 -0800

sam some of the R glass has the same formula has the M stuff, 50/2, 90/2.8,
some are supposed to be the best in the world, like the 35-70 2.8, 70-180
apo, 180 2 or 2.8 APO, 100 apo macro, 280 /f4. does nikon make glass like
these? i did not know that

PS
in Irwins book, he makes a reference to the canon 300 2.8 IS L lens as being
close to the leica 280/f 4.0 but the design are so different one simple and
one very complicated

Regards, Mehrdad