Subject: Re: [Leica] Was - P&S cameras -
From: S Dimitrov <sld@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 20:41:07 -0800

It took three rolls of film to figure out the matrix metering system.
With our California glare, the meter start's having a bit of a heat
stroke. I ran an exposure test for A&I's processing, as each lab will
cook your film differently. Yeah, I know, they all say we follow the
processing times rigorously, my you know what. They are all different.
Even between the different A&I lab across the city.
The half stop under for the flash, is to minimize burned out light
areas. Out on the ocean I decrease to a full stop because of the ambient
light bouncing all over the place. While photographing people who spent
most of their work time outdoors I don't compensate with the flash
exposure, as their skin, regardless of race or ethnicity, will suck up
light like a black hole.
 Slobodan Dimitrov