Subject: RE: [Leica] DR. BLACKTAPE WOULD LIKE TO RAISE AN EXTREMELY SERIOUS QUESTIONREGARDING ERWIN PUTTS' "REVIEW OF THE NEW M7...
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2002 13:37:07 -0500

It sure as hell matters if people take what he writes as gospel. If people
say, oh, Erwin knows alot about optics but he's obviously a hack for Leica,
then, no, it doesn't matter.

BTW - Car and Driver writers get to take a prototype for a spin around the
track. They don't get a prototype for a year and then release a "review" of
the actual car a day or two before it's unveiled to the world. And "hob
knobbing" with a politician is hardly the same thing.

I, frankly, think that this reaction is precisely why its necessary to raise
this issue and raise it as bluntly as Dr. B raised it.

B. D.