Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: DR. BLACKTAPE WOULD LIKE TO RAISE AN EXTREMELY SERIOUS QUESTION REGARDING ERWIN PUTTS' "REVIEW OF THE NEW M7...
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2002 14:26:24 -0500

Ah, Jim, I KNEW that we would hear from you, and could have come very close
to writing your slashing/asskissing email for you.

Desperation, Jim? Believe me, the absolute last thing I care about in this
world, ranked well behind literally anything or anyone I can think of, is
your opinion of anything I say or do. So desperate, for what? I don't review
equipment. I don't lay claim to being a "Leica expert" of any kind. I am in
any kind of competition with Erwin Putts in any realm.

Why do I use Leicas? I use rangefinders when I can because I find that I
frame far more carefully when looking through a picture window with
framelines than I do when looking through an SLR viewfinder. I use Leicas
because of the fast glass Leica offers, and because Leica is really the only
remaining serious rangefinder game in town.

Shimmer as a jewel? As the kids used to say, "gag me with a spoon!"