Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: DR. BLACKTAPE WOULD LIKE TO RAISE AN EXTREMELY SERIOUS QUESTION REGARDING ERWIN PUTTS' "REVIEW OF THE NEW M7...
From: Pablo Kolodny <pablokolodny@mac.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2002 18:16:25 -0800

> THANK YOU ERWIN FOR THAT TIMELY AND COMPREHENSIVE M7 REPORT. You shimmer as
> a jewel while others pale in comparison. Or should I say, desperation.

I don't see such a desperation out there save the one some pack of starving
dogs willing to devour whatever Leica, and/or other brand names in
photography, cars, audio, say every consumer goods, is launched.
I don't see any any aggressive or attack against M7 reports coming from
whoever it comes.
I don't see anybody trying to put a pale shade on any report in itself.
What I see is some compliance, consent in someone's words without holding
the new marvel in hands.
Personally I'd say that Erwin's report sounds good but that is not enough to
make one go out running to some Leica dealer to place an order.
Even after knowing that the one and only one update is based on AE, an old
very old issue by these present days. And that is fine for me. Maybe I
would've liked they, in Solms, are less pretentious and the new nice camera
is better named M6 TTL AE. But that is nothing, my opinion is nothing as
maybe are the sum of opinions in the Leica world. Then Erwin's and others
reports would fall in a sort of an abyss with more than one dragon down
there to make Erwin's or others statements profitless, futile.
What it seems to me is that BD is trying to say that we don't have to follow
up, unconditionally, anybody's statements speaking about the history of
cameras, glasses all well known by us because we really use Leica gear and
while Erwin's statement really sounds as some cars seller, and in addition
putting down there all the extraordinary knowledge Erwin has. I'd say more
perverse yet.

And yet worse if Erwin's statements like this is read by a bunch of
neophyte. Let's assume they run for the new M7 with AE assembled by a big
group of persons beyond sewing machines and yet stinking machinery oils,
what when they get noticed they have a brand new camera that could have been
made 25 years ago ?
C'mon dear fellows, who needs that sort of statements ?