Subject: Re: [Leica] why i can't be a professional photographer
From: "geebeespaw" <geebeespaw@btopenworld.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2002 11:45:54 -0000

From: "bourgeois and biblical" <bwdaly@bigfatpipe.net>
To: <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Sent: 03 March 2002 01:18

> because i would strangle my customers--same reason i couldn't be a
> waiter

Brad
You posted a while back that you weren't getting much feedback on your PAW
posts and theorised as to why that should be the case. For me the first
option "You are in awe" is nearer the truth than you might imagine. I never
doubted at any stage from looking at your Paw shots than you were anything
other than a successful professional photographer. I reasoned that the last
thing you wanted or needed was to be told how good or bad your images seem
to someone like me. I enjoyed the humour of the mannequins and the eroticism
of the nudes (peanut butter excepted) but to state simple facts without
further analysis seems to be frowned upon in this forum. A good example of
this is http://www.bigfatpipe.net/~bwdaly/lomohallway.jpg. This shot spooks
the hell out of me but I don't know why, it's a hallway and it's green. What
kind of critique is that for heavens sake? The point of this reply is that
now I know you are not a professional I feel that I have let you down in
some way by not telling you how much I enjoy your photographs. I'm putting
that right now by letting you know I'm a bradywatcher.

Graham
http://geebeephoto.com