Subject: Re: [Leica] Film speeds please.
From: "John R. Fulton Jr." <JRFjr@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2002 17:04:27 -0600

Roy--
I shoot for publication and use ASA40.
If you want it just a wee bit lighter and with a "contemporary"
(slightly blown-out) look shoot at ASA32.
Ofcourse Velvia's ASA is supposedly 50. Shoot 50 only if you want
oversaturated, dense transparencies. However, unlike K64 which looks
better slightly underexposed (ASA80), underexposure does not improve
Velvia. It's just fine at 40.
[Makes me think I (myself) looked a heck  of a lot better at 40 than 50.]
best,
John Fulton
Fort Worth