Subject: Re: [Leica] Official soft release
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2002 14:35:39 -0800

"B. D. Colen" wrote:

> Seth - I realize that one can, indeed, find amazing bargains at that site.
> Obviously, it cuts both ways. I could be overreacting - NO!:-) - to seeing
> commonly available items go for outrageously high amounts, and seeing people
> pay more for a Leica box than many people pay for a decent camera.
>
> But I digress - constantly. ;-)
>
> B. D.

For me its not the site itself.
It's the infectious enthusiasm it quickly instills in its participants.
	Who have a hard time extricating themselves from it's excitement.
I've called it Ebay mania.
Of course there is LUG mania too. And just plain LEICA MANIA. Xtol Mania!

preoccupation, prepossession, partiality, predilection, prejudice,
proclivity, propensity

I've said many a time in the real world (like on the sidewalk or on the
phone) to friends about a conversation i had the other day with a friend.
The thing is i'm not being exacly truthfull as I'm really talking about
a LUG thread or off list correspondence which came of it.
Not a REAL conversation. But a binary one.
You don't want to talk aobut the LUG to people they think you're nuts.

The people on the lug have a way of getting incredibly real to me.
OF course I've met quite of a few of you so in person so i know there is
some flesh and blood backing to cyber space.

Ebay would be a huge thing for collectors.
It will bite me some day and I'll be hooked.

Till then i be relating to friends on the sidewalk LUG conversations
which were not reverences to ebay auctions.

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.markrabiner.com