Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: New Aussie Bag
From: Guy Bennett <gbennett@lainet.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2002 10:28:05 -0800

PB noted:

>haven't looked at the Crumplers close enough to know how well the
>inserts are done.  I prefer Billingham-type inserts which use soft
>material everywhere---this doesn't limit where you can place dividers.

The inserts are extremely well made. They are "stand alone" units that slip
into the bags (as opposed to dividers and pouches that attach to velcro
strips sewn into the bags) and are easily reconfigurable to suit the gear
you're hauling around at the moment. When zipped shut (yes, the inserts zip
to close) they are water tight; a nice feature.

>The Crumplers in general are not quiet bags, though the
>photog-targeted bags don't scream as loudly as the messenger-targeted
>bags.  Being rooted in the bicycle messenger subculture, some Crumpler
>product names will make the conservative blush.

While they do have some pretty wild color combinations, there are also some
very "quiet" bags in basic solid colors - black, tan, navy, etc. In neither
case do these look like camera bags (especially the loud ones). As for the
product names, they are a bit over the top, though that seems to be the
company philosophy (based on a cursory read of their catalogue).

Guy

Message from "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net> (RE: [Leica] Official soft release)
Message from Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com> (Re: [Leica] Official soft release)
Message from Guy Bennett <gbennett@lainet.com> ([Leica] New Aussie Bag)