Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Should the nameless stay nameless
From: Brian Reid <reid@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2002 17:32:37 -0800

Think about John Wayne.
Wasn't the name on his birth certificate Marion Michael Morrison?
Elton John was born Reginald Dwight.
In the entertainment industry we know people by their stage names.
Most of us use our real names as our stage names.
For the past year, the LUG has been as much in the realm of entertainment
than photography, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. There are other
online communities for people who would rather talk about cam angles than
Nazi propagandists.

If anybody named LizzyEgg16 should ever show up on the LUG, well, that's my
daughter, and I can see how she might want to hide. Maybe she'll change it
to LizzyEgg17 to hide it from me.

Replies: Reply from "Karina Klaas" <shutterbug@iinet.net.au> ([Leica] Non Leica pics - okay, shoot me..just let me finish my last cigar)
Reply from "Will" <wlarsen@ocsnet.net> ([Leica] LUG)