Subject: [Leica] Re: re: Rapid Winders -TOTALLY ON TOPIC
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 14:46:57 -0800

At 02:10 PM 3/11/2002 -0800, Guy Bennett wrote:

>All right, you've got me confused: is the basket necessary or not, or is it
>a "personal" question (i.e., Ted's works w/out one, Bob's doesn't)?
>
>Tom and/or Tuulikki, if you're reading this, what's the scoop?
>
>Guy

Guy,

Did your camera baseplate come with a basket?

Why do you suppose Leica put it there?

It is there to push the film up so that it aligns with the sprockets.

If you don't use the basket, you must always personally insure that your
film is pushed all the way up on the take-up spool so the film sprocket
holes align with the camera sprocket. Or you will get a miss load.

I use a basket.

Tom & Ted don't.

It's a personal choice, but one has to wonder, if it is so superfluous, why
Leica puts it there...

Jim

Replies: Reply from Jim Brick <jim@brick.org> ([Leica] Re: Re: re: Rapid Winders -TOTALLY ON TOPIC)
Reply from Rolfe Tessem <rolfe@ldp.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: re: Rapid Winders -TOTALLY ON TOPIC)