Subject: Re: Vs: Vs: [Leica] Rangefinder Whiteout Problem - The Answer fromLeica
From: "Barney Quinn" <Barney.Quinn@noaa.gov>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 21:30:50 -0500

Seth,

This all makes me feel as if I owe B. D. an appology because I honked at him
pretty hard for taking Erwin to task. Looks to me like B. D.'s position was far
more correct than mine. So, it you're listening, sorry for the harsh words, B.D. .

I am in the computer business. I get stuff under non-disclosure all the time. But,
the reason I get it isn't so that I can write what proports to be objective and
scientific (whatever I mean by these two things really mean) but so that I can
keep up to date on what is happening, and so that I can help my site make good
decissions about the technical choices it faces.

Here's what I am going to do about all this. I am just going to take what Erwin
says with a lot more salt and seasoning. From now on I am just going to read what
he has to say and consider it to be the equivalent of a high school book report
about Leica stuff rather than scientific or holy writ.

Barney