Subject: Re: [Leica] re: doug herr's prints - Kyle Cassidy's prints
From: "Will" <wlarsen@ocsnet.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 20:26:13 -0800

Kyle Cassidy writes:
| but doug's images are a hell of a lot better. he's one of
the photographers
| on this list who i admire the most. he's very serious
about his craft, and
| very dedicated.
| i know now for sure what my dad's getting for his
birthday.

| p.s. doug's prints are in color too!

Doug's images are wonderful.  But they are of a quite
different subject matter than your images.  Your images are
wonderful.  The market for Doug's images is most likely
quite different than the market for your images.  (You can't
stalk a bird quite like a person).

One of wonderful things about LUG  postings of the photo
links to their work is that, if you watch long enough, you
can trace the evolution of their talent over time.  You can
see the experimentation...you can see the growth.  I have
seen several people on the list blossom into very
interesting photographers.  I have seen people move from a
narrowly defined niche in photography to other places.

I have a signed copy of Ted's book that I am making somewhat
of a mess of because I keep it outside of my darkroom as an
example of how I want my black and white prints to look.  I
haven't achieved the look yet.  Nor have I been able to
photograph the huge flock of buzzards that twice a year
grace my trees on their migrations from Mexico to Canada.
But life ain't over yet....and I continue to learn.

Regards, Bill Larsen
On the Buzzard Migration Trail