Subject: Re: [Leica] re: Velvia
From: "John R. Fulton Jr." <JRFjr@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2002 21:20:37 -0600

The Provia 100F was made for skin tones. Whatever that means. Anyway,
I do find it just a bit less saturated than the E100VS or Velvia.
Provia 100F is real nice for people and its  color is more natural.
The last time I shot the two together on the same shoot the Provia
looked flat next to the E100VS. The subject was a bluebird flying
into its birdhouse. The birdhouse was on a post and had some long
strands of dead grass growing up next to it. Sort of a "hay" color.
The bluebird and house looked fine in both. The 100VS made the straw
more of a orange as opposed to a straw color. I know that sounds
garish, but it looked fine on the light table. As I said above it
made the Provia look flat. The Provia looked fine alone but next to
the 100VS, not as saturated.
The oldest Fujichrome I have dates from about 1985 also but it's the
Fujichrome 100 and I haven't looked at it for a while. I'll have to
dig it out and see how it's faired.
Good shootin out there!
best,
John Fulton