Subject: RE: [Leica] Single Malt Scotch--shortage of Lagavullin!!!
From: "rp johnson" <rpjohnson2@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 15:32:08 -0800

Some of us remember the scene in Mr. Roberts where he and the doctor "make"
scotch for Ensign Pulver (Jack Lemmon) to use in his date with the nurse.

And as far as I am concerned, they all taste like that concoction.  But
that is just my problem, right?

However, I ran across a reference to "double malt" whisky (and they were
referring to what the heathen call "scotch").  Now I know what single malt
is, but the "double malt" reference is new to me.  Is such a creature
actually bottled and sold?  Or is it more of a cottage item; made by
grizzled Scots in their crofts and never sold commercially.

Inquiring minds and all that.

RP Johnson