Subject: Re: [Leica] Looking for Comments on 80/1.4R
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 08:56:21 -0500

At 09:30 PM 3/22/02 +0800, you wrote:
>Hi Tina,
>
>Thks for your input. I have watched these 2 photos:
>
>- The b&w one's tone is lovely, but really a bit too soft for me. What film
>and f-value did you use?

This is TMax 400 pushed to 800.  It's taken with natural light in a
garage.  The f stop is 1.4.

>- The colored one is just right. It's less contrasty than than most of my
>pictures indeed. Again, what film and f-value is it?

This is Kodachrome 64 at 64.  Taken outside in the shade.  The f stop is 2.8.

>- How do you scan it?

Both scanned with the Nikon LS4000.
They are both greatly reduced for quick loading.  In the originals you can
count the eyelashes on the B&W but the shallow depth of field puts the hair
out of focus.  In the color one you can count the threads in the material
for the shawl, huipil and lace but the mother's shoulder is out of focus.

>I use PJ100/Supra100 usually as I love its color saturation and fine grain.
>You make me have the thoughts to reconsider my film selection.

I used to use Kodachrome all the time but processing problems have caused
me to switch to Provia 100F.  It's a beautiful film, too, but the
Kodachrome still amazes me.  It's too bad they couldn't get their
processing act together!

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com