Subject: RE: [Leica] Cheap R8's available!
From: "Ernest Nitka" <enitka@twcny.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2002 12:39:37 -0500

David - thanks for sharing this story.  I will admit this story made me
laugh - don't get me wrong as I truly feel your pain but your telling of the
story just brought a smile to my otherwise dreary Friday.  Sort of like when
you see someone slip and  fall into a triple decker wedding cake.  On a
serious note your tale of woe confirms that SH*T does happen - I am now in
the process of sending in a detailed camera rider to my insurance company -
was long outdated - had insured cameras that I no longer owned and left off
some that needed to be on it.  I use a company that will pay out - with a
rider- for anything that goes wrong including theft, loss, damage - sort of
a pay as you go passport protection - perhaps better because they only need
proof of ownership not the left over parts after the catastrophe.

ernie - sorry I laughed I am an inhumane beast - nitka
now fess up list -a bunch of you were laughing too!!

all-risk, no deductible "floater" on my home insurance to cover the
equipment I'd be taking.  I have not purchased such coverage in over 25
years, though I did for many years before that - without ever having a
claim.

The report finished, I placed the camera bag on the floor (so it couldn't
fall far - I'd done enough of that!) and headed upstairs for dinner.

The next morning I awoke to find my sump-pump had failed and the basement
(including my camera bag) was under 2 1/2" (6.25mm) of water!

David Young        | Experience gained varies directly
Victoria, CANADA   | with equipment ruined.