Subject: Re: [Leica] spot AE (was M7 Metering)
From: Marc Attinasi <marc@attinasi.org>
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2002 07:38:16 -0800

John Brownlow wrote:

>On 3/30/02 marc@attinasi.org wrote:
>
>>3-d matrix metering is silly - where's the fun in that?
>>

>I think good matrix metering is excellent

Well, that was a leading statement, after all ;) So may we discuss it
briefly?

Why do you think it is excellent? To me it is like having a very large,
very expensive point and shoot. Granted, it works well (at least it did
on my Nikon when I had it) but where is the creativity in it? Or, is it
that you like not having to worry about exposure at times?

Thanks,
- - marc

Replies: Reply from Jesse Hellman <hellman@comcast.net> (Re: [Leica] spot AE (was M7 Metering))
Reply from Ken Wilcox <klw.51@comcast.net> ([Leica] Re: spot AE (was M7 Metering))