Subject: [Leica] Re: spot AE (was M7 Metering)
From: Ken Wilcox <klw.51@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2002 13:01:39 -0500

Matrix metering can be a good thing. I use it on my R8 from time to time.
The problem with matrix metering, at least for me is that I don't know
exactly what the camera is metering. With my M cameras, I know what is
being metered and can use my brain to vary the settings as needed. That is
why I like to set my R8 (or R3) to spot mode most of the time.

That said, the R8 matrix metering VERY rarely makes a mistake.

Ken Wilcox