Subject: Re: Fwd: RE: [Leica] 1.25 Mag
From: Henry Ting <henryting10@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2002 14:22:15 -0800 (PST)

The fact of the matter is, Seagull, Minolta, Nikon,
Sigma etc etc etc.... all might not have the brand
recognition of Leica, but when it comes to resources
in R&D, innovation, and financial clouts, Leica pales
in comparison.
Besides, what make you think its easier to have other
OEM do your work ????? OEMs are in it for money too,
you know.....and their production line typically
produce for more than one brand-name. Given the
Leica's finicky requirements, I don't think Leica is
in a position to dictate without a lot of money for
the OEMs. You think OEMs will all horde to Leica's
camp just because of Leica's name-recognition ?