Subject: Re: [Leica] Piezography paper recommendations
From: John Brownlow <lists@johnbrownlow.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2002 15:41:13 -0500

On 4/4/02 1:01 PM, "Adam Bridge" <abridge@idea-processing.com> wrote:

> I've gotten my continuous inking system up on the Epson 1280 and it's a
> joy! But I'm overwhelmed by the amount of paper out there. I'm wondering
> what folks who are doing piezo have found to be the best? The sample sheets
> that came with the kit aren't enough to really give a flavor for what's
> possible - I mean it takes one just align the printer properly for the
> paper.

Wow, it's boring, but I agree with everyone. Epson Enhanced (previously
'Archival') Matte for proofs and mundane stuff, Hahnnemuhle Photo Rag in
either of the weights (the heavy stuff is spectacular, though) for the
quality jobs.

> How do you handle this alignment thing? Only use one kind of paper? Align
> every day? Every time you turn on the printer?

When I change papers. Do it on the back of a sheet of the paper you're
using... That way you don't waste a sheet. Some people like to see the
pattern on the back of their prints since it indicates the heads were
aligned before that particular print.

>I find that on the Epson
> Heavyweight Matt paper that there's a color tinge toward the green, at
> least compared to a silver-gel print. Is this a system flush issue? I just
> need to flush the cartridge more (I did a substantial amount of color
> printing on this printer before converting it).

I've never seen that on the Epson papers... It could be a flush issue I
guess.

- --
John Brownlow

http://www.pinkheadedbug.com