Subject: Re: [Leica] Printing C-41 black/white
From: "Gerry Walden" <gwpix@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2002 10:12:32 +0100

It is difficult to comment too much without knowing how you are scanning and
printing. Scanning I would use RGB mode, and then do all the work in RGB or
CMYK, using the black layer to adjust and burn/dodge and the convert back to
RGB. This way if there is a shortfall in your red range you could adjust it.
I then convert to greyscale just before printing and print with black ink
only at 720dpi if I can, but 360 if not.

Contact me off list if I can help further, but I am away from Sunday morning
for 1 week.

Gerry  - www.gwpics.com