Subject: RE: [Leica] Has Leica ever offered a student discount program?
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2002 08:56:22 -0400

That WAS nice - for German students. Of course I wonder where the majority
of Leica sales are, and how many photo students there are in, say, the U.S.,
compared to Germany. I have on a number of occasions suggest - on this
list - that one way for Leica to make real increases in its user base would
be for it to offer all students registered full-time in photo programs -
under grad or graduate - one M body and either a 35 or 50 Summicron at COST.
Such a program wouldn't cost Leica a dime, but would hook hundreds of young
people, most of whom now think Leicas are 'those neat hold cameras the old
guys used to use.'  Of course given the explosion in digital, it may well be
too late for such a program to do any real good, but what else is new when
it comes to Leica and marketing? ;-)

B. D.