Subject: RE: [Leica] No! No!, Erwin!
From: Brian Reid <reid@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 19:02:21 -0700

> Very, very bizarre indeed.

I don't think it's bizarre at all. I've never met or talked to Erwin, but I get the feeling that he is fairly sensitive as these things go. I've never believed that a thick skin should be a requirement for being a published expert. People who don't like what Erwin has to say should simply pay no attention to him. The world is full of people whose opinion I don't care about, and life is too short to get aggravated about any of them.

My profession for the last 20 years or so has been research management in engineering. One of the jobs of a research manager is to prevent the aggressive hard-shell people from intimidating the introverted experts. In real life there is no manager, and sometimes the introverted experts don't have a safe place to do their thing.

Replies: Reply from "\(SonC\) Sonny Carter" <sonc@sonc.com> (Re: [Leica] No! No!, Erwin!)
Reply from "Steve Barbour" <kididdoc@cox.net> (Re: [Leica] No! No!, Erwin!)