Subject: Re: [Leica] No! No!, Erwin!
From: "Steve Barbour" <kididdoc@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2002 07:48:20 -0700

> > Very, very bizarre indeed.
>
> I don't think it's bizarre at all. I've never met or talked to Erwin, but I get the
feeling that he is fairly sensitive as these things go. I've never believed that a thick
skin should be a requirement for being a published expert. People who don't like what
Erwin has to say should simply pay no attention to him. The world is full of people whose
opinion I don't care about, and life is too short to get aggravated about any of them.

> My profession for the last 20 years or so has been research management in engineering.
One of the jobs of a research manager is to prevent the aggressive hard-shell people from
intimidating the introverted experts. In real life there is no manager, and sometimes the
introverted experts don't have a safe place to do their thing.

poor Erwin....  you mean the internet is not a safe place...??  Steve

Message from Brian Reid <reid@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us> (RE: [Leica] No! No!, Erwin!)