Subject: Re: [Leica] OS X (off topic)
From: Rolfe Tessem <rolfe@ldp.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2002 12:27:34 -0400

- --On Sunday, April 14, 2002 10:26 AM -0400 Ken Wilcox <klw.51@comcast.net>
wrote:

> I recently returned to Mac (G$ Imac) after an employer imposed period of
> forced Windoz use. I'm delighted with the OS X. I do have one annoyance
> and wonder if it is only me or if this is a feature. I'm using Eudora Pro
> beta in OS X and Explorer for the browser. If i click on a URL in Eudora,
> Exploere opens but the URL does not get pasted in.
>
> Anothe minor annoyance, perhaps a bug in the beta is that spell checing
> has sopped functioning and the preference pannel is grayed out.
>
> Any having similar problems? Anyone have a solution?

Make sure you have the default browser defined in System
Preferences/Internet/Web.

Don't know about Eudora, but you might give Mulberry a spin. There is a
native Carbon version available and you can download a free trial version.

http://www.cyrusoft.com/mulberry/index.html

Finally, I agree that Netscape 6.2 is a better bet than Explorer for OSX. I
use the Mulberry/Netscape 6.2 combo and clicking on a URL does the correct
thing.

- --
Rolfe Tessem
rolfe@ldp.com