Subject: Re: [Leica] Panasonic Lumix photos with Leica lens
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 07:51:59 -0400

At 09:07 PM 4/28/02 -0400, you wrote:

>Tina,
>
>Not knowing really anything about stock/editorial photography....but looking
>at the photos you posted...are those people in the photographs models?  Was
>the shot set-up? If not, do you have to get releases from the people in the
>photograph in order to use them for profit stock photography?
>
>thanks!
>

>Kim

Kim,

Photographs leased for editorial use do not have to have a model release
unless the use is controversial.  For example, if it is implied through the
use of the photograph or the caption that those men are drug users, I would
have to have a model release.  The people are not models and the shots are
not set up.  There are stock photographers who specialize in that kind of
photography - usually called "life-style" photography - but I have never
had any desire to do that kind of work.  If the photograph is intended for
advertising, then you definitely have to have a model release, not only for
people but also for buildings, animals, and sometimes even trees!

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com
images available from: