Subject: RE: [Leica] Digital M??
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 22:28:03 -0400

> I have a question regarding the same subject. How do the digital backs for
> unmodified Hasselblad , Mamiya 645, and view cameras handle the
> marriage of
> digital to film cameras? Although not exactly desirable, why
> could the same
> not be done for any 35mm camera?

Hi Joe,

I have two digital backs for my Hasselblad.  One a scanning back...and it
must sit on a tripod to be used, and one a one-shot back.  Both are
tethered.  All the back is, is the image sensor and a SCSI interface.  No
storage...and they require an external power supply.

So, if you want to strap a laptop to your side, and a battery pack on your
back...that might work ;-)

Regards,

Austin