Subject: [Leica] Re: Lenses For Wedding
From: "Gary Todoroff" <datamaster@humboldt1.com>
Date: Sun, 12 May 2002 22:00:19 -0700

Well David, you'll be hearing from everyone who has dealt with the wedding
aftermath of mothers and mothers-in-law (or is it mother-in-laws?) and so
forth. And you'll probably do it, no matter what everybody says. So. . . the
Main Thing - GET THOSE STAND-UP BRIDAL PORTRIT, BRIDAL PARTY AND FAMILY
SHOTS!!!!

Yeah, yeah, the couple says candids are fine, we just want to "capture the
spirit of the wedding", etc. But what they will send to friends and put in
the scrap book for the future is the formal looking portrait. No, it doesn't
sound very Leica 'decisive moment', but you had better get those posed
shots!

I used to do weddings when I was around the same age as a lot of friends
getting married and learned a lot of lessons without ever screwing things up
bad. I tried a wedding again a couple years ago - never again! I'm too old
to lose that much sleep for two days before the event.

Fortunately, there are lots of books and probably Internet postings on how
to shoot a wedding. Study! In your case, it's not just a wedding shoot
that's on the line, it's a friendship.

Oh, one other thing - you do get the front row seat when you photograph a
wedding, but you don't really get to enjoy it - not if you're really there
to do the job right.

Regards,
Gary Todoroff
Tree LUGger
(and proud new R8 owner as of this week!)

Message from "SML" <inyoung@jps.net> ([Leica] Lenses For Wedding)
Message from Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca> (Re: [Leica] Lenses For Wedding)