Subject: [Leica] Re: Photoshop dilemma
From: "Eric" <ericm@pobox.com>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 04:50:22 -0500

B.D.:

>those
>who care about the integrity of photography should insist that altered
>photos be labeled as such.

That's what I don't understand.  The integrity of photography?  We're not
talking about crime scene images.  We're not talking about putting flying
saucers in the sky and selling the images to a tabloid.

I do agree that if the context is that of journalism, we should indicate if
pyramids have been moved around.  I'd go one step further and stay that if
the context is journalism, we shouldn't be changing the contents of the
image at all...with or without labeling.

Eric

Message from "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net> (RE: [Leica] Re: Photoshop dilemma)