Subject: [Leica] Re: Re: Lenses For Wedding
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 16:31:50 -0700

At 03:36 PM 5/13/2002 -0700, Brian Reid wrote:

>>I think that this is totally incorrect.
>
>This is what the yellow pages are for. I'm fine with a photographer who
>will refuse to do things outside of his or her experience. The client can
>just find another photographer.
>
>I've shot maybe 100 weddings. I've said no (or had a studio say no on my
>behalf) to 200 more.

Of course, a photographer can have whatever attitude they wish.

But I suspect that their attitude might reflect their competence as well.

Really good photographers know how to schmooz and mold events in their
favor without being overbearing and dictatorial. I've been to enough
weddings to know how to instantly spot the good photographers from the
lousy photographers.

Mark Rabiner photographed my daughter's wedding last summer in Monterey.
Mark hadn't photographed a wedding in a decade, or more. He was probably
the most professional photographer, at a wedding, that I have ever
witnessed. He and my daughter talked things over and away he went. You both
didn't realize that he was there, and then did realize that he was there.
Like the Predator. Only visible when he uncloaked.

The wedding photographs are stellarly fantastic.

Mark is an amazing photographer.

Jim

Replies: Reply from Brian Reid <reid@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us> (Re: [Leica] Re: Re: Lenses For Wedding)
Reply from Jim Brick <jim@brick.org> ([Leica] Re: Re: Re: Lenses For Wedding)